Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28th 2013

Aloha !!!!
Howz it everybody!
This last week has been fun. I'm staring to get to know my way around Honolulu now. One thing that I've noticed since I've been here in Honolulu is that everyone is busy, especially the members. Since I've been here, we haven't had a dinner inside a members home, they always drop off food for us. But that doesn't stop them from giving us tons of referrals! Elder Havili has been in this ward for like 7 months and most of the converts he taught were from members bringing friends to church. Elder Havili said that this ward is growing rapidly. My companion says that we have a baptism scheduled for next week, so we are going to meet with them this week hopefully because I still haven't met them yet. So work moves pretty fast here, the members help a lot even though they're super busy, and I'm not forced to eat more than I want to haha! lol! I think that by the time i come home, I'll be tired of rice.
         Last week before I finished emailing I said that we would be doing  a hike to the makapu'u lighthouse later in the day, I took pictures for you guys. We had lots of fun that day. My companion Elder Havili put 20lb weights in a back pack to take with him for the hike! I thought he was crazy lol! When we got to the end they had me take the zone picture and to send everyone a copy. I missed doing hikes when I was in Waipahu. Honolulu has a lot of cool hikes I heard and I can't wait to do them. Today we didn't do a hike, we were supposed to, but they changed it last minute. Instead we did Zumba, lol. Zumba is just like dance exercise stuff, it was pretty funny, we had almost the whole Honolulu zone there. It was good exercise. kicked my butt. lol! hopefully next week we get to do another hike. i love hikes. The tie that you got me is awesome, I called it my year mark tie. I think for District meeting this week we are going to carve pumpkins. We helped carved some last night too. The zone leaders are planning a get together for Halloween, since we can't proselyte that day, so looking forward to that.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment