Sunday, November 10, 2013

November 6th 2013

Aloha Everybody! Its been a while. like 9 days. The reason for that is, we went to the temple yesterday and when we got back from the temple the libraries were already closed, so we get to email today. Only me and one other Elder from our zone went to the temple, because when i got to Honolulu zone they already did their temple trip. I went with Elder Thompson. Makakilo zone and Waipahu zone were at the Temple too, so I got to see all my old friends that were in those zones. We had a pretty good time. We also did a hike. We hiked Manoa falls, It wasn't much of a waterfall as you can see in the pictures, but we still had fun.
          I'm getting better at navigating around Honolulu now, It was super confusing at first. Our ward mission leader brought us to go teach a new family, a mom and her son, and we're teaching them the missionary lessons and they want to get baptized! All that happened in 1 day so that's pretty exciting. Next time we meet with them on Saturday we are going to set a date for the 30th of Nov.. We also have 2 baptisms scheduled for this Friday, but my companion set them up before I got here and they've been busy, so I haven't been able to meet them yet, but I will on Friday! The members here in the Tongan ward help us out so much! It's awesome! I wish every ward was like this. In this ward we depend on the members so much I don't know what we would do without them besides tract! It's so awesome to see people progress so fast once we first contact them and work with them. they realize what they need to change in their life and they are willing do make that change for the better even if it might be hard, they know that they will be blessed greatly if they follow the gospel and are baptized. This area is awesome! lol. I love it. The Tongan people are great. can't wait for next week!

Love,
Elder Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment