Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 24, 2014

Aloha Everybody!!!!!!
        I have had a great week last week! We had a baptism on Saturday. Her name is Eta Paea. She's Tongan. She's super awesome and the people in the Ward love her. I'm glad that I got to get to know her, teach her and help her on her way to be a better person! She came to Hawaii 2 months ago from Samoa, lol a Tongan living in Samoa I know. Elder Takei did the baptism and I did the Confirmation, in sacrament meeting. It was a cool experience. So that was the main highlight of last week. This area is a lot easier for me to get to know my way around, less crowded, long straight highways, very spread apart area. Bigger than my last area, even though my last area, covered 3 zones. Pahoa area is a tiny fraction of the Big Island. It's pretty much the eastern tip of the island if you look on a map.
        Alright now the highlight this week so far...... We went to a waterfall called rainbow falls, it was pretty cool, just right off the road so no hike. After that we went up to Mauna Kea!!!!!!!!!!!! It took like an hour to get to the top of the mountain from Hilo. When you're driving you can see the mountain the whole time because it's soo big. Then when you start getting close, you can see The other mountain, Mauna Loa, Mauna Loa isn't as tall as Mauna Kea, a couple hundred feet shorter, but it's sooooo much more massive! but you can't drive there because it's an active volcano lol. At the top of Mauna Kea at around 10am it was 40-45 degrees and there was still snow up there. Not much but some. At the top they have a bunch of observatories, and since you're up at 13,000 feet, you're also above all the clouds. It was such a cool view!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take you guys there for sure when we come back here as a family. Alright that's all for this week! enjoy the pictures!!!!


Elder Randall















No comments:

Post a Comment