Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 4th 2014

Aloha everybody!!! Well I'm back in the Kaneohe zone! This time I'm in Kailua side, in the Keolu ward. And I'm still on bikes lol! As far as Oahu goes, I like Kaneohe side the best! I love the tall green mountains, they look so cool. My companion's name is Elder Moffitt, and he's from Mesa, Arizona!!! He's pretty cool, and he can play the piano even better than me lol! I think I'm going to like this area a lot. The ward is awesome! The people here are awesome!
      So lots of fun stuff happened this week! Of course transfers, then on Friday, we had a baptism. Her name is Kaileen, she's 9 years old. Her dad started coming back to church and he got to baptize her daughter. It was pretty cool. Elder Moffitt and Elder Clutter, (the previous missionary that I replaced) taught her all the lessons, and as they did, they started coming back to church. It's always cool to be able to come into an area and have a baptism right away!
      On Saturday we went to a funeral for Bro Cloward. Almost all the missionaries on Oahu came and sang in a missionary choir and sang How Great Thou Art, as a special musical number. It was pretty cool. We sounded awesome! (except for me lol!). The Clowards always housed the missionaries when they first fly in and stay 1 or 2 nights there. And every last P-day of the transfer they let everyone on the Honolulu zone come to their house and do a slip n slide and volleyball. He passed away because of cancer I think. I don't know any details other than what was said at the funeral.
      Oh I told you guys last week that we would be meeting the Browne family that night. The lesson went pretty well. The Bishop came with us too. We taught the Plan of Salvation. They have been taught it before so we did like a review and talked about it more in depth. At the end of the lesson I invited the wife and Trinity and Blaze, to be baptized. Trinity and Blaze said they would like to, but the wife was hesitant. It's been a while since she has been committed to be baptized, and she thought about it for a while, and said not yet. After the lesson, the husband, bro Browne, took us home and he said the lesson was so awesome and that extending the invitation to his wife to be baptized was exactly what she needed, and that the Spirit was strong. So the next time the Elder go over there, they will have to see if she has made a decision yet, but it might take a while. She knows she needs to do it, but she's afraid, she's was raised Catholic her whole life and change for her is scary. And she already has so many friends in the ward and they are all supporting her. I hope the best for them and that they can be sealed as a family in the temple. I'll try to keep in contact with the Elders over there, so they can keep me updated.   Take care guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Aloha,
Elder Randall
 

No comments:

Post a Comment