Monday, October 13, 2014

Last and Final Email October 7th 2014

Aloha Everybody!! Well, this the last Aloha letter I'll send. We had a pretty good week for my last week. Our zone hit it's goals for the week, so President will feed us a pancake breakfast! President started doing that a few transfers ago, when a zone hits it's weekly goals, he'll do a pancake breakfast for the zone, but I think president sets the goals for the zones. Hopefully we'll have the breakfast as a zone before I leave. I'll have breakfast with him one way or another, it just might not be with the Kaneohe zone. I'm going to miss this ward. when we come back I think we should come to this ward for 1 Sunday. When they announced in Sacrament meeting that they would be singing Aloha Oe to me,  everybody was surprised because they forgot I was leaving!
             My mission went by pretty fast! But when I try to remember what I did in my first area it seems like it was a super long time ago! I had so many good experiences on my mission, I've grown a lot spiritually, and a little physically too lol! It feels like Hawaii is my home now, and it doesn't feel like I'm actually going home. Like when I go to the transfer meeting, President Warner will say "just kidding you're not going home, you're going to Maui" or something. It's like going on a mission all over again. I forgot what it was like back home, and I'll have to adjust again. I'm super excited of course, but I'm going to miss Hawaii! I've learned so much while I was out here, all the different kinds of people that live here from all over the world, and the languages too, all the different kinds of food, and having to live on an island! I've learned a lot from other missionaries, and from reading the scriptures, learned how to teach the gospel and apply it to mine and other peoples lives. In Ether 12:27 it says...                          "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
           Back home I wasn't a very talkative person. On my mission, I have seen my weaknesses improve and get stronger,  and I hope to have that continue my whole life. I've learned a lot about humility and patience on my mission. I've also seen how much the Spirit plays a role in our lives, and how much it's helped me in my mission. The scripture, " I will put into your mind in the very hour yea the very moment what ye shall say", is really cool and I've seen it work. The Spirit really does help me, especially in lessons. I have a really strong testimony of the Spirit and how much it's helped me in my mission. I'm going to miss my mission so much, and the people I've met! We'll just have to come back again someday! And then we'll do the fun stuff I didn't get to do lol! I loved my mission, and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Thank you guys so much for supporting me while I'm gone! Time for the looooooooooooooong plane ride home! Choke Mahalos!!!!! See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!! Aloha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Elder Randall
 


Before 2 years

After 2 years


 

No comments:

Post a Comment